The Custom Foot Orthotics are designed to align the foot and ankle into the most anatomically efficient position.
Vitalis Physiotherapy in Brisbane offers exceptional Custom Foot Orthotics manufactured in Canada to address unique biomechanical needs and gait imbalances.
Our Custom Orthotics reduce stress and strain on your body by helping your feet to return to optimal alignment.
What are Custom Foot Orthotics?
If you’ve come to see us about knee pain, hip pain or lower back pain, you may wonder why we’re talking about your feet!
Your feet affect everything about your posture. If there’s a problem in your feet, your body will try to compensate for it. That puts extra strain on your joints, muscles and tendons. The knock-on effect of a biomechanical foot problem may be felt in other parts of your lower body such as your knees, hips or lower back.
Custom Foot Orthotics correct your feet and help them function as they should. They look a bit like an insole from your trainer except that they’re specially moulded to support your foot in the right places. Depending on your policy, you can usually get a health insurance rebate towards the cost of your orthotics. You’ll wear them inside your shoes to correct your foot function and protect your body from related conditions.
Your orthotics will be custom-made to your exact requirements. That’s not just your physical needs; it’s also about how you want to live.
The variety of Custom Foot Orthotics suits different types of shoes, sports or lifestyles including:
- Orthotics for high-heeled shoes
- Orthotics for narrow dress shoes
- Orthotics for high-impact sports like tennis
- Specialist orthotics for ski boots, figure skates, ice hockey skates, soccer boots or golf shoes
- Cushioned orthotics for older people or people with rheumatoid arthritis
- Specialised orthotics for toddlers and children
- Durable, shock-absorbing orthotics for people who are on their feet all day.
Types of Custom Foot Orthotics:
- for people who require one pair of orthotics that can be worn in a variety of shoes
- shoe selection: a variety of shoes
- for athletes and active people
- designed to prevent sport related injuries
- protects against pressure and impact shock
- shoe selection: athletic shoes
- for runners on all levels
- LunaSoft layer for shock absorption
- shoe selection: running shoes
- the world’s first ‘neurologically tuned’ foot orthotics
- accommodates any forefoot additions or modifications
- the flange acts as an excellent shock absorber
- the patented flange introduces elastic energy into the gait cycle
- ideal for narrow, high heeled shoes or dance shoes
- shoe selection: high heeled shoes or dance shoes
- specially designed for the high performance court player
- shoe selection: court shoe
- designed for soccer players
- shoe selection: soccer shoes
- excellent in flats or low heels
- shoe selection: slip-on or narrow cut dress shoes
- designed to keep you comfortable as you walk 18 holes
- shoe selection: golf shoes
- specially designed for hockey or figure skates
- shoe selection: skates
- designed for narrow cut ski boots
- shoe selection: ski boots
- designed for moderate to severe diabetics who are in imminent danger of developing foot lesions or neuropathy
- shoe selection: sensible casual lace up walling shoes
- designed for patients who need correction, cushioning and shock absorption. Good for geriatric patient or those with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- shoe selection: casual lace up and walking shoes
- specially designed for the patient those who are on their feet all day in a rugged environment and wants the ultimate in comfort, shock absorption and durability
- shoe selection: safety shoes, safety boots
- designed for those who prefer a softer orthotic or require minimal correction while supporting all arches of the foot.
- shoe selection: casual
- available only in custom sandal footwear and cannot be ordered separately
- designed solely to fit custom sandals available at TOG
- shoe selection: sandals
How do you know if you need Custom Foot Orthotics?
There are numerous reasons why you might need Custom Foot Orthotics. If you have pain in your foot, heel, knee or hip, have high arches or flat feet; or just being regularly on your feet and are getting any aches or pains in the feet or legs, or suffering from general foot pain while walking, running, playing sports or even at rest you qualify for Custom Foot Orthotics.
Custom made orthotics can help with the treatment of:
Common foot disorders:
1st met head pain
Hammer toes / claw toes
Functional hallux limitus
Heel spur (centrally located)
Plantar Fasciitis / heel
Non-centrally located heel spurs
Low back pain
Vitalis Physiotherapy will explain more about Custom Foot Orthotics and exactly how your specially-made pair will work to improve your comfort, reduce your pain, prevent the aches, or optimise your performance.
How Custom Foot Orthotics are made?
Vitalis Physiotherapy does a Gait Scan Assessment through a specialised computer imaging to assess how you load your feet. It helps us to identify biomechanical problems and to make custom orthotics to correct your foot function and so relieve pain throughout your lower body.
The Assessment involves 3 steps:
- Step 1: Examination
Your Vitalis physiotherapist will examine you as you stand, walk and sit. This helps us understand how your legs and feet align and move and how your muscles are functioning.
- Step 2: Computer Analysis
This is the fun part of the gait analysis procedure! You walk across the pressure plate, which collects data about your gait from over a million data points.This gives us an incredible depth of insight into your gait timing and pressure. It also helps us see whether you’d benefit from a custom orthotic.
- Step 3: Diagnosis and Casting
Your Vitalis physiotherapist will look at the results of your gait scan analysis and decide whether you’d benefit from orthotics.
How to book an appointment?
If you think you need custom orthotics, or you’re looking for a ‘physio near me’, all you need to do is just give us a call on 0410 559 856 and request an initial appointment. Please let our friendly reception staff know the background and severity of your condition.
You can visit our FAQs for more information about appointments at Vitalis Physiotherapy.
Call our friendly team on 0410 559 856. We’d love to help.
Vitalis Physiotherapy serving residents in Brisbane, mainly Brisbane’s Western Suburbs – Sinnamon Park, Jindalee, Kenmore, Middle Park, Mount Omanney, Jamboree Heights, Oxley, Chapel Hill, Darra, Fig Tree Pocket, Forest Lake, Inala, Indooroopilly, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Richlands, Taringa and surrounds.