Third Party Insurance Physiotherapy

As a Third Party Insurance physiotherapy provider we are here to help after your motor vehicle accident. Our highly experienced Physiotherapists are qualified in assessing and treating Compulsory Third Party (CTP) / Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) injured patients. As we treat many MVA cases, we know how to coordinate with CTP insurers, doctors and lawyers, to support you during this challenging time.

Symptoms which may occur after a Motor Vehicle Accident:



At Vitalis Physiotherapy, all our CTP physiotherapy sessions for motor vehicle injuries can be billed directly to the insurers

– valid claim number must be confirmed.

What is a Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP)?

  • Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP) is payable when a motor vehicle is registered.
  • Some of the CTP insurers in Queenland are: Suncorp, RACQ,, Allianz, QBE, AAMi, NRMA Insurance.
  • Your CTP QLD insurance will cover you and the driver of your motor vehicle in case of an accident as well as other road users anywhere in Australia. The insurance will provide financial assistance to cover the cost of treatment, rehabilitation and support for anyone that suffers from injury or illness as a result of a motor vehicle incident.
  • Dealing with the insurance companies might be stressful at the time after accident, so it is important to know that our experienced team at Vitalis Physiotherapy will be looking after you and deal directly with the insurer. We will be in touch with your Case Manager to get the funding and number of treatments needed to support you on your recovery.
Compulsory Third Party Insurance

Am I eligible for Third Party Insurance (CTP)?

If you have been injured in a not-at-fault motor vehicle incident, and have suffered from illness as a result of that incident, then you are most likely entitled to rehabilitation that is funded partially or completely by the CTP insurer of the at-fault vehicle.

What do I need to do after Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)?

  • Report the accident to police.
    • You will need the Police Accident Report Reference Number to add to the claim form. Get the registration number of the vehicle that caused the crash. If registered in Queensland you can find the insurer online.
  • Complete a Notice of Accident Claim Form (Non-Fatal Injury).
  • Make an appointment with your GP.
    • Report to your GP that you had Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) and all your injuries sustained in the incident. (It is important that you tell your GP everything, even if you feel it is insignificant, otherwise the insurer may claim that an injury is not part of the claim.)
    • Your GP will provide you with a Motor Vehicle Accident Medical Certificate and specify whether you require physiotherapy, scans or other treatment.
  • Contact your insurance provider and report the accident.
  • Visit your lawyer.
    • Your lawyer can advise you on what sort of claim you’re entitled to, and how to go about having the claim opened. They will also need to fill out the Law Practice Certificate in the above form.
  • Lodge your claim within 9 months of the accident or first sign of symptoms (3 months if the car cannot be identified).
  • Call us on 0410 559 856 or book online.
    • Once the claim is opened or your GP recommends physiotherapy you should contact Vitalis Physiotherapy to help with your recovery.

What’s covered by CTP Insurance?

  • In majority of cases, the CTP insurer covers most, if not all medical expenses associated with the motor vehicle accident. However, claim approval is necessary for most services, including physiotherapy.
  • With regards to incidental items required to assist in your recovery, with case manager approval, there will be no out-of-pocket expense. If we are unable to gain approval we will provide you with the receipt, which you need to keep for your lawyer. That cost will be reimbursed, usually when the claim is completed and settled.
  • You can only claim the items recommended by your health professional.
  • Any scans and treatments must also be pre-approved by your Case Manager to avoid any out-of-pocket expenses to you.

Can I start physiotherapy before my claim is approved?

Yes, definitely! Obtaining claim approval can be time-consuming and take 2 – 4 weeks. Our physiotherapists recommend to book an initial appointment as soon as possible to assess your condition and start treatment. However, you will need to cover the fee for the physiotherapy session at the time of your visit.

Once your claim is approved, you can provide the receipt to the insurer and get your fees reimbursed.

CTP Physiotherapy

How many treatments do I need?

The number of treatments depends on the nature and extent of your injuries. Our experienced physiotherapists will create a treatment plan for your recovery and seek approval from your  CTP Insurance Case Manager. The decision will be made in consultation with your GP and physiotherapist to achieve the best possible outcome for you.

Common Diagnoses after a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) Injury

  • Whiplash
  • Other Neck injuries
  • Post-Concussion Disorders (PCD)
  • Spinal Injuries
  • Disc and Joint Injury
  • Sprains and Strains
  • Fractures
CTP Physiotherapy
Question mark

Why choose Vitalis Physiotherapy to treat my injury?

We deal with most major CTP insurance providers and do our best to get the best possible outcome for you while helping to keep the paperwork pain-free.

As we see many CTP cases, we know how to liaise with your lawyers, doctors, specialists and CTP insurers, to get the support you need. We work alongside experts in all manner of injuries and the legal proceedings associated with them.

Y O U R   I N I T I A L   A P P O I N T M E N T

Please download a CTP Form, and bring the completed form in with you for your first physiotherapy consultation.

The CTP Form is also available at reception if you’d prefer to complete it on the day.

I N F O R M A T I O N   R E Q U I R E D

  • Claim number
  • Insurer Details (insurance company, case manager’s name, phone number, fax number)
  • Medical Certificate
  • Date of Accident / Injury

The above information will allow your physiotherapist to submit all the necessary information to the insurer, which will ensure a smooth and uninterrupted management of your injuries.

Here to Help?

We know how difficult it can be scheduling a physiotherapy appointment after a motor vehicle accident, or finding a good ‘physiotherapist near me’, so we’ve made it easier and more convenient to get the physiotherapy care you need.

Call us on 0410 559 856 or book online. We’d love to help.

Third Party Insurance Physiotherapy

Contact us for more information on Third Party (CTP) Insurance Physiotherapy

Contact Us



Sinnamon Park Village

3/58 Oldfield Road, Sinnamon Park Qld 4073


Give Us A Call